Hiring: Communications & Advocacy Intern [STIPEND]
Job Summary: Are you creative? Self-motivated? Curious? Do you value economic and social justice? Can you string together words to form sentences that compel, inspire and ring true in a Trump-era Internet? Do you value the relationship between data and communications? Do you understand communications holistically?
If you answered yes to some or all of those questions, keep reading.
We are The Pastorum Group, a progressive, values-first, full-service communications firm and we’re seeking an intern to help amplify the voices of our clients and make the world a better place. We are looking for a self-starter who can scope out new ideas on how to craft stories, pitch reporters, and write compelling pieces.
The candidate will work 15 hours per week and earn a stipend of $1,000 per month. This position is based in Washington D.C.
· Assist with press relations including writing, proofreading, copying, and distributing press materials (press releases, media advisories, fact sheets, follow-up letters, etc.)
· Research various media outlets for story angles and placement ideas
· Build and maintain media lists for various client projects
· Provide communications and social media support to integrated issue campaigns
· Compile analytics reports
· Conduct issue-based research
· Compile and record clips of clients' media coverage
· Other duties as assigned
· Currently a student or recent college graduate
· Excellent verbal and writing skills
· Committed to progressive values, causes and politics
· Interested in media relations and strategic communications
· Proficient in Lexis-Nexis, THOMAS and other online searchable databases
· Experience with media contact databases, such as Cision, and organizing tools, like Action Network
· Experience with managing online communities through social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter
· Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Please send an email to email@example.com with your resume, a cover letter and a brief writing sample. Writing sample can be a press release, opinion piece, advocacy email or other relevant written piece (think essay from a Government or Poli Sci class).
The Pastorum Group is a full-service, progressive, values-first communications and political strategy firm working with candidates, causes and coalitions to create meaningful social change. We specialize in crisis operations, strategic planning, digital engagement, rapid response, media relations and coalition building. Our deep experience and ties within the progressive community and movement give us the leverage to move your campaigns forward through grassroots and systemic strategies. We envision a country and world governed by principles of social and economic justice – and have a plan to achieve it.